3-days Trek to Laka Glacier
Experience the picturesque trek of 2 nights and three days travelling from Mcleodganj and Gallu temple to the exotic Magic View café. Our visit to Laka Glacier, ancient and meditative Lahesh Keu caves leaves any traveller contemplative and the last day to the serene Bhagsu waterfalls with a wholesome meal in the beautiful Shiva café. Treks like this become milestones in our life.
The first day of the trek begins from Mcleodganj, a small and beautiful village in the Himachal. We grab our gear and some food for the day and set off to reach our first destination- Gallu Temple. The path becomes tiring as we ascend and as with all good things in life, perseverance is what gets us experiences that nourish our soul. The way becomes more difficult on nearing the destination as we would call it the “last-leg” or “are we there yet” syndrome. As we reach Gallu, travellers stand mesmerised by the architectural wonder and intricate details of the temple.
Move around the temple and be amazed by the picturesque views and sceneries. Take a short stop at the Gallu Temple before moving on to your next destination. A walk for another 2 hours will take us to our final destination for the day. Experience the amazing views of Triund which is a place of high mountains, lush green plantations, and stunning blue skies. Also, capture the Kangra Valley which is located in the Southern part of the destination.
The second day of the trip commences with an early morning breakfast at Triund. One of nature’s wonders, irrespective of the number of times one has gone for a trek here, the views will be different every time. Have a little stroll after breakfast taking in the views of the place and then we get going to the next destination of Laka glacier. A highly strenuous and rough walk will lead one to the amazing destination. Laka is located at the start point of a little glacier known as the Laka Glacier. Enjoy the snowy white views of the Glacier and one should score some good photos before returning to Triund for the night. Also, capture the ancient and beautiful Lahesh Keu caves before returning. Return to Triund and have a fulfilling meal before retiring for the day and make next day’s plan.
Begin the final day of the trek by shuffling the memories of the earlier days of the trek and planning for the current one. Start moving to reach the Bhagsu waterfall- a stunning piece of natural beauty and wonder. The continuous flow of water running through the mountain-wall and the rhythmic sound is addictive. After capturing enough memories and pictures of the falls visit Shiva Café which is a few minutes walk from the falls. Visit the beautifully constructed café and enjoy the delicious Indian cuisine, the ambience and satisfy your palate before leaving the café. We return to Mcleodganj for a last night’s stay before departure to our respective destinations.
Meeting Point & Time: Koadventure office near Dalai Lama Temple (opp parking) 9:00 AM
- Comfortable Sleeping Tents
- Restroom Facilities
- Trained & Professional Guides
- Tea, Coffee and Snacks
- Transportation to & fro
- Meals (other than what’s mentioned)
- Any sort of personal expenditures
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Pants
- Windproof jacket preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece
- Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Woolen Gloves, Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/Muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight Towel(1 unit)
- Toilet Paper(plenty)
- Wet-Tissue Papers(plenty)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, Raincoat / Poncho, Small lightweight Towel
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Cap to keep the intense sun away from your face, Sunglasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines (if requiring any particular medication)
- Personal toiletries
- Day-pack/small bag which you will Carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Camera with charged batteries