Day Trek to Bahl Village
Escape into the dreamy world of beauty and the birthplace of Dalai Lama by completing the one day trek from McLeodganj- paving the way through the village of Dharamkot which is a small and beautiful village. Capture the serene and tranquil waters of the Bahl River streaming the way to the exquisite Bahl village and witness the deity in the wonderful Gallu Devi temple. This trek is supposed to be a dream come true for a travel enthusiast and will leave you mesmerised.
The trek starts from the beautiful land of McLeodganj also known as Little Lhasa. This Tibetan dominated area is a perfect place for an escape for the Holidays. This place earns its reputation for being home to one of the world’s greatest spiritual leader – Dalai Lama. You are surrounded by lush plantation and picturesque views of the kingly hills.
Keeping up with the pace, we will reach the small village of Dharamkot, which is approximately at a distance of two kilometres. Inhabited by the Gaddi tribe, this village is truly a must visit for its ecstatic beauty, encircled with plantations of deodar and pine slowly paving the way for red rhododendron trees and walk on to the top of the hill to the iconic Gallu Devi Temple.
Take a break and zap along the way to reach the Bhated River and enjoy the serene and translucent waters from the bank. The enchanting hills and the enriching landscapes along with the flowing river would offer a view that can only be drawn with brushes and colours.
The return to the starting point of the trek starts from a small but beautiful village called Naddi. Walk a few steps to explore an extremely enchanting lake, which is locally known as the Dal Lake. The calm and serene water of the lake makes it a must-visit destination among the other popular ones.
Moving along the designed path, one would reach the Tibetan Children Village. It is like a safe and secure haven for the orphans and refugees from Tibet. This exquisite community guards their children and looks after their welfare and personal needs to make sure that they grow as children of any normal society. Stroll along the picturesque views of the gigantic hills, lush greenery, exotic valleys and other wonders of nature.
Wandering all the way down, one will reach Dharamshala, a perfect place for pilgrims and a living space for the shepherds. The beautiful architectural patterns surrounded by engaging scenery and views is the easiest way to define this place. This would then end at McLeodGanj.
Meeting Point & Time: Koadventure office near Dalai Lama Temple (opp parking) 9:00 AM
- Comfortable Sleeping Tents
- Restroom Facilities
- Trained & Professional Guides
- Tea, Coffee and Snacks
- Transportation to & fro
- Meals (other than what’s mentioned)
- Any sort of personal expenditures
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Pants
- Windproof jacket preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece
- Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Woolen Gloves, Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/Muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight Towel(1 unit)
- Toilet Paper(plenty)
- Wet-Tissue Papers(plenty)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, Raincoat / Poncho, Small lightweight Towel
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Cap to keep the intense sun away from your face, Sunglasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines (if requiring any particular medication)
- Personal toiletries
- Day-pack/small bag which you will Carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Camera with charged batteries
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review