5-days Mcleodganj-Kareri Lake-Triund Round Trek
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Kareri via Bahl Village
From Mcleodganj, Kareri village is just thirteen kilometres away and the trekking journey takes around five to seven hours depending on the walking speed. The scenic beauty that the place offers is outstanding and the on the way we would definitely take a halt at the Bahl village. McLeodganj, also known as Little Lhasa and boasts of lush plantations and freshness. Capture the serene and tranquil waters of the Bahl River streaming flowing into a quaint village named after the river – Bahl village and witness the deity in the wonderful Gallu Devi temple. After the halt, we would reach Kareri and retire for the night.
Day 2: Kareri to Kareri Lake to Bahl
Among the things to definitely see in Kareri, the Kareri Lake ranks on the top. The lake is situated at a high altitude. Since the source of the blue and tranquil water is the snow melting from the glacier, the lake is shallow and clear. We rest for the night in Kareri. The lake is situated at quite an elevation and takes another five to seven hours from the village. The distance from the village to the lake is around fourteen kilometres. After reaching and experiencing the serenity along with the picturesque view, we would walk to Bahl village and retire for the night. The next morning, a nomadic breakfast would lead to starting off the journey to the next destination.
Day 3: Bahl to Triund
Moving on to the climb, mostly with clear skies, the fresh atmosphere and extremely beautiful plantations make the trip a lifetime adventure and a lot more than just a tiresome route. As we finish the climb it brings us to our destination – Triund. Situated at an elevated level, it has a view of the majestic Dhauladhar Mountains on one side and the beautiful Kangra Valley on the other. The Dhauladhar Range gives the Kangra Valley a feeling being protected.
Day 4: Triund to Mcleodganj via Shiva Cafe, Bakshu Waterfall, Bakshu Temple
Take a break, click some pictures and experience the enchanting views of the place. The panoramic views of this place are worth a lifetime and will be forever clearly etched in the memory. Enjoy the hotness of tea at Shiva Cafe with the coldness of this exhilarating place. Spend some time close to the best of God’s wonder before starting off with the trek again.
The trek downwards is usually quick in pace and the descend takes us to the amazing Bhagsunag waterfall! One will be enchanted to view the tranquil and serene waters of the waterfall rolling down the hill slopes. The sweet sound of the unstoppable water has a meditative effect and after resting for an hour or two it is time to start paving our way towards McLeodganj.
Day 5: Departure
The trek ends with departure towards individual destinations, taking back memories that would last a lifetime.
Meeting Point & Time: Koadventure office near Dalai Lama Temple (opp parking) 9:00 AM
- Comfortable Sleeping Tents
- Restroom Facilities
- Trained & Professional Guides
- Tea, Coffee and Snacks
- Transportation to & fro
- Meals (other than what’s mentioned)
- Any sort of personal expenditures
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Pants
- Windproof jacket preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece
- Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Woolen Gloves, Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/Muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight Towel(1 unit)
- Toilet Paper(plenty)
- Wet-Tissue Papers(plenty)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, Raincoat / Poncho, Small lightweight Towel
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Cap to keep the intense sun away from your face, Sunglasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines (if requiring any particular medication)
- Personal toiletries
- Day-pack/small bag which you will Carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Camera with charged batteries
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review