No trip To McLeodGanj is complete without a trek to Triund. In addition to that, the exquisite temples and Triund, would just be the icing needed on the cake. Get absorbed in the serenity of the Bhagsunag falls as this trek will forever be posted as a colourful and fabulous collage in your timeline.
The trek commences from McLeodganj, which is also called by the name – Little Lhasa. It is one of the best travel destinations in India which is famed for its unique mix of Tibetan and British culture. It is a beautiful town and also home to the beloved Dalai Lama. Sublime hills and lush plantations and patches of green cover this little town of dreams. Moving on from this place, we reach the marvellous and intricate architectural structure – the temple of Gallu. Amazing sceneries and views encircle the temple which can make one gaze in amazement.
Moving on to the climb with clear skies, the fresh atmosphere and extremely beautiful hilly plantations make the trip a lifetime adventure and a lot more than just a tiresome route. And finally overcoming the climb, one reaches their awaited destination – Triund. Situated at an elevated level, it has a view of the majestic Dhauladhar Mountains on one side and the beautiful Kangra Valley on the other. Dhauladhar in all its glory protecting the pretty valley is how most onlookers describe it.
Take a break, click some pictures and experience the enchanting views of the place. The panoramic views of this place are worth a lifetime and will be forever be clearly etched in your memory. No view of Triund has stayed consistent and this leaves a traveller in awe at the combinations that Mother Nature is capable of. Stay at Triund will include camping and makeshift restrooms.
Waking up in Triund and watching the colours that the sky takes on is a very rewarding experience. After breakfast, The last leg of the journey takes us towards Gallu and then go on a downward slope to the meditative Bhagsunag waterfall. One will be enchanted to view the tranquil and serene waters of the waterfall rolling down the hill slopes. The sweet sound of the unstoppable water has a soothing effect and after resting for an hour or two it is time to start paving our way towards McLeodganj.
Triund trek is memorable irrespective of whether you pick a day trek or stay overnight at Triund. The overnight stay is usually heavily dependent on Government directives and also the weather.
Meeting Point & Time: Koadventure office near Dalai Lama Temple (opp parking) 9:00 AM
- Comfortable Sleeping Tents
- Restroom Facilities
- Trained & Professional Guides
- Tea, Coffee and Snacks
- Transportation to & fro
- Meals (other than what’s mentioned)
- Any sort of personal expenditures
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Pants
- Windproof jacket preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece
- Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Woolen Gloves, Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/Muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight Towel(1 unit)
- Toilet Paper(plenty)
- Wet-Tissue Papers(plenty)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, Raincoat / Poncho, Small lightweight Towel
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Cap to keep the intense sun away from your face, Sunglasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines (if requiring any particular medication)
- Personal toiletries
- Day-pack/small bag which you will Carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Camera with charged batteries